posted by Luchi 77 at sábado, diciembre 08, 2007

Steinways - Rocket surgery.
The A-side is over before I can finish writing this sentence, so I'll try to make this quick. "(My Girlfriend Is A) Crazy Fucking Cat Lady" is pretty much Dr. Suess gone pop punk. "Chopsticks McVilla" bursts through like classic '90s skate punk, but not only does the gang take out every ounce of wank, they also do away with the intro, the chorus, and everything else - all you're left with is a simple, but radical kick flip of snot pop. "Fucking February" appears to be the Steinways' opus this time around, as it's the only track that clocks in over a minute, but I can't say the patchwork of punk does it for me as much as it has with previous exploits. The B-side contains my favorite new Steinways tune, "Milk Was A Bad Choice". Vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Grath Madden continues to successfully raid the oldies station for charming melodies, and it works just as well here as it has in the past for the Beatnik Termites and Ruth's Hat. I'm pleased that "I'm Ice-T" is actually an accurate short bio about the rapper/actor. I'll file it away in my "reference rock" cabinet. There are also another five songs on this extended player, all of which are over before I can decide if I love them or hate them for being too short and sweet. C&P.

(My Girlfriend Is A) Crazy Fucking Cat Lady
Are You Fucking Kidding Me?
Big Head Mode
Chopsticks Mcvilla
Dead Boyfriend
Fred's Slacks
Fucking February
Milk Was A Bad Choice
Mondays

Escuchar.
PassWord:subers.com.ar



At sáb mar 08, 01:30:00 p.m. 2008, Blogger L

Fun stuff. Good description. Thanks for a new band to listen to.